In 2017, The DPH Commissioner appointed a 23 member Commission to use a data driven process to develop a plan with statewide and city specific recommendations on how to end the HIV epidemic in CT.
The Getting to Zero CT Vision
A Connecticut where new HIV infections are rare and People Living with HIV (PLWH) have access to high quality care and live free from stigma and discrimination.
Byron Kennedy, Co-Chair
Nancy Kingwood, Co-Chair
- Young Men Who Have Sex with Men of Color
- Black and African American Women
- Transgender Women
- New Haven
- Gather Information from Impacted Cities and People
- Reframe the HIV Dialogue
- Ignite Passion for the Cause
- Engage Local Leaders and Communities
- Develop Specific Recommendations
- Publish Connecticut’s Plan to Get to Zero
- Make an Impact